This book penetrates into chess960 by treating it as an academic field of study. New ideas and new perspectives were found in abundance just waiting to be discovered. Some judgments about optimal chess strategy began to improve in the era of Botvinnik, and each decade has brought ongoing refinements. We find these improvements would have occurred earlier had chess960 been part of the chess scene.
Many of the world's top 25 grandmasters are accumulating victories in annual chess960 tournaments. It is time to examine chess960 in depth to discover the strategies, tactics, and enjoyable variety it adds to chess in general.
|Publisher:||Castle Long Publications|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.57(d)|
Table of ContentsIntroduction PART 1: Beyond the Board
1. Terminology and CRAN Notation
2. The Tyranny of Tradition
3. Formalizing the Rules of Chess960
4. Setup Id Numbers
5. Additional Rules to Consider for Chess960
6. FEN and Chess960 PART 2: New Chess Principles Discovered
7. Strategies for the Modified Setup Phase
8. From Setup Attributes to Opening Moves
9. Is the Middle Game Really the Same?
10. Influences on the Endgame
11. Winning Comparisons
12. Reviewing Our Broadened Understanding of Chess
13. Annotated Games Diagram Classification Answers