With appendix of resources for worship teams.
From Maranatha! Musicover three decades of worship music, resources, seminars, and experience combine to help you . . .
Get Off the Ground and Soar as a Group!
This book lays the basics for effective team ministry. Whatever role you play in your church's worship ministryleader, director, instrumentalist, vocalist, or sound technicianyou will learn the essentials as well as professional tips for building a cohesive sound and approach.
Playing Together as a Worship Band may be used by itself, or with the Maranatha! Worship Leader Workshop video of the same title for a dynamic combination of print and audio-visual instruction and demonstration. This book covers
- The Big PictureWhat a worship team is all about, what's unique about a worship band, the role of team members
- Meet the TeamWorship leader, music director, musicians, singers, and sound technicians
- Let's RehearseWhy rehearsal is so important and how to get the most from it
- Bringing the Music to LifeThe '100 Percent Rule,' opening the worship team's toolbox, dynamics, vamps, breakdowns, the big payoff, and diamonds
- Putting It All TogetherContinuity, mirroring, final preparations, 'real world' service models, and the variables
Here's what it takes to produce a tight sound and service-oriented approach that help others experience God's presence through music.
Also available: Playing Together as a Worship Band training video.
The worship ministry at your church may consist of just you and your keyboard or guitar. Or it may involve a full-scale team approach. Whatever your circumstances, you want to give God and his people nothing less than your best. The Maranatha! Worship Leader Workshop is for you. Drawing on the insights of some of today's most talented worship leaders and musicians, here are principles and techniques that can help you and your team members rise to new levels of excellence.
Table of Contentshttp://zondervan.com/media/samples/pdf/0310245141_samptoc.pdf