For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Each book in this series is a guide for using a well-known piece of literature in the classroom. Included are sample plans, author information, vocabulary-building ideas, and cross-curricular activities. At the Intermediate and Challenging levels, sectional activities and quizzes, unit tests, and ideas for culminating and extending the novel are also included.
Table of ContentsIntroduction and Sample Lessons
Getting to Know the Book and Author
Suggestions for Using the Unit Activities
Unit Activities - Language Arts:
- Pocket Chart Activities
- Pocket Chart Patterns
- Story Questions
- Story Summary Sentence Strips
- "The Silver Bell" (Poem)
- Stick Puppet Theaters
- Stick Puppet Patterns
- Story Scenes
- Polar Express Scrapbook
- ABC Harness Bells
- Holiday Ornaments
- Simile Stars
- "Found Poetry"
- Bells Are Ringing!
- Finish the Picture (Art)
- Class Holly Wreath (Art)
- Holiday Recipes (Cooking)
- Candy House (Cooking)
- Life in the Polar Regions (Social Studies)
- The Polar Regions Game (Social Studies)
- Ring Those Bells (Science)
- My Favorite Winter Pastime (Math)
- "The First Gift of Christmas" (Song)
- Holiday Banners
- Reader's Theater