The best-selling, most comprehensive book available for police administration and management, Police Administration 6/e presents a carefully researched and vivid introduction to police organizations that focuses on the procedures, politics and human relations issues that law enforcement managers and administrators must understand in order to succeed. Representing the collective experience of the authors' decades of experience in law enforcement, training, and teaching, Police Administration 6/e is recognized by both the academic and law enforcement communities as the authoritative treatment of this important topic.
Chapter topics include the evolution of American policing, community policing, organizational theory, concepts of police organizational design, leadership, organizational and interpersonal communication, human resource management, stress and police personnel, labor relations, legal aspects of police administration, planning and decision-making, financial management, and organizational change and the future.
For law enforcement managers and administrators.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.04(w) x 10.30(h) x 1.33(d)|
Table of Contents
1. The Evolution of American Policing.
2. Community Policing.
3. Politics and Police Administration: External Influences and Controls.
4. Organizational Theory.
5. Concepts of Police Organizational Design.
7. Organizational and Interpersonal Communication.
8. Human Resource Management.
9. Stress and Police Personnel.
10. Labor Relations.
11. Legal Aspects of Police Administration.
12. Planning and Decision-Making.
13. Financial Management.
14. Productivity, Quality, and Program Evaluation: Measuring Organizational Performance.
15. Organizational Change and the Future.