Political Marketing: Principles and Applications / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Taylor & Francis
Substantially revised throughout, Political Marketing second edition continues to offer students the most comprehensive introduction to this rapidly growing field. It provides an accessible but in-depth guide to what political marketing is and how it is used in practice, and encourages reflection on how it should be used in the future.
Features and benefits of the second edition:
- New chapters on political branding and delivery marketing;
- Expanded discussion of political public relations, crisis management, marketing in the lower levels of government and volunteer-friendly organizations;
- Examination of the new research on emerging practices in the field, such as interactive and responsive leadership communication, mobile marketing, co-creation market research, experimental and analytic marketing, celebrity marketing and integrated marketing communications; and
- Extensive pedagogical features, including 21 detailed case studies from around the world, practitioner profiles, best practice guides, class discussion points, an online resource site and both applied and traditional assessment questions
Written by a leading expert in the field, this textbook is essential reading for all students of political marketing, parties and elections and comparative politics.
This book is supported by an online resource site, www.political-marketing.org/, which is annually updated with new academic literature, audiovisual links and websites that provide further reading and links to clips for use in teaching political marketing.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||6.75(w) x 9.75(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Jennifer Lees-Marshment (Auckland University) is an international expert in political marketing. She is an author/editor of 11 books, including Global Political Marketing (Routledge, 2010), The Political Marketing Game (Palgrave Macmillan, 2011), Political Marketing in Canada (UBC, 2012) and The Routledge Handbook of Political Marketing (2012) and Political Marketing in the US (Routledge 2014). Her research interests include political marketing, consultation, leadership and governance.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Political Marketing 2. Political Strategy 3. Political Market Research 4. Political Branding 5. Internal Political Marketing 6. Static Political Marketing Communication 7. Relational and Interactive Political Marketing Communication 8. Political Delivery Marketing 9. Political Marketing and Democracy