Welcome to the new edition of Postcards, the popular four-level American English program for teenage students. Postcards' attractive magazine-like pages, engaging storylines, and real-life characters motivate students and make learning fun. Consistent scaffolding, extensive practice, and ongoing recycling help to ensure student success. Integrated components provide optimal teacher support.
Postcards creates successful classrooms through:
- Dialogues and photostories that engage students' interest and imagination
- Grammar practice and communicative activities that enable students to use English with confidence
- Pair and group activities that encourage student interaction
- Projects that provide opportunities for in-depth self-expression
- Games and Fun with Grammar activities that bring pleasure to the classroom
- Focus on Culture and Wide Angle on the World sections that develop students' cross-cultural awareness
- Teacher's Edition that provides robust teacher support with focus on multiple intelligences, cross-curricular, and home/school connection activities
- Language Booster (Workbook plus Grammar Builder), DVD program, Test Generator, and Posters that create a complete package for successful teaching
New to Postcards, Second Edition
- Discovering Grammar encourages students to learn grammar inductively
- Practicing Grammar provides extensive practice in a variety of contexts
- Teen Talk facilitates unstructured, relaxed conversations on favorite topics
- Learn to Learn provides learning strategies students can immediately apply
- Fun with Songs gives students the chance to work cooperatively on favoritesongs
- Test-taking Tips coach students on how to perform successfully on tests
|Product dimensions:||8.27(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.24(d)|
Table of Contents
Let's get started.
Unit 1 Meet Alex and his friends.
Unit 2 Do you have any pizza dough?
Unit 3 Are there any chips left?
Wide Angle 1
Unit 4 How often do you go rock climbing?
Unit 5 Everybody's waiting for us.
Unit 6 What are you going to wear?
Wide Angle 2
Unit 7 You were awesome, Alex!
Unit 8 I used to dream of ...
Unit 9 We were walking home ...
Wide Angle 3
Unit 10 You're the best in the group.
Unit 11 You shouldn't be upset.
Unit 12 I'll teach you if you want to learn.
Wide Angle 4
Fun with songs 1-4
Focus on culture 1-4
Fun with grammar
Peer editing checklist