Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
- Get it by Thursday, January 25 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Practical Android4 Games Development continues your journey to becoming a hands-onAndroid game apps developer. This title guides you through the process of designing and developing game apps that work on both smartphones and tablets, thanks to the new Android SDK 4.0 which merges the User Interface and Experience APIs and more.
The author, J.F.DiMarzio, has writteneight books, including Android: A Programmer’s Guidethe first Android book approved by Googlerecently updated and translated for sale in Japan.He has an easy-to-read, concise, and logical writing style that is well suited for teaching complex technologies like the Java-based Android.
From 2D-based casual games to 3D OpenGL-based first-person shooters, you find that learning how to create games on the fastest growing mobile platform has never been easier.
- Create 2D and 3D games for Android 4.0 phones and tablets such and the Motorola Xoom
- Build your own reusable “black box” for game development
- Easy-to-follow examples make creating the sample games a hands-on experience
What you’ll learn
- How to design and develop compelling 2D and 3D games
- How to create rich environments and characters
- How to do collision detection
- How to add realism to your games with basic game physics
- How to create a gaming “black box” that can be reused
- How to play your games on Android phones and tablets
Who this book is for
This book is for aspiring Android game app developers who are ready to move beyond beginning level books or tutorials on Android game building.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to Andriod Gaming
- Star Fighter:A 2-D shooter
- Press Start: Making a Menu
- Drawing the Environment
- Creating Your Character
- Adding the Enemies
- Adding BasicEnemy Artifical Intelligence
- Defend yourself!
- Publishing Your Game
- BlobHunter:Creating 3-D Games
- Create an Immersive Environment
- Navigating the3-D Environment
|Edition description:||1st ed.|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.06(h) x 0.66(d)|
About the Author
J. F. DiMarzio is a seasoned Android developer and author. He began developing games in Basic on the TRS-80 Color Computer II in 1984. Since then, he has worked in the technology departments of companies such as the U.S. Department of Defense and the Walt Disney Company. He has been developing on the Android platform since the beta release of version .03, and he has published two professional applications and one game on the Android Marketplace. DiMarzio is also an accomplished author. Over the last 10 years, he has released eight books, including Android: A Programmer s Guide. His books have been translated into four languages and published worldwide. DiMarzio s writing style is very easy to read and understand, which makes the information in the topics that he presents more retainable.