New edition v5.1, updated June 6, 2017.
The best-selling, easiest, step-by-step, most comprehensive guide to securing your home or business iPhones and iPads. Completely revised and updated for iOS 10.
Official workbook for the Practical Paranoia: Security Essentials Workshop. Designed for classroom, workshop, and self-study. The entire workshop is contained within the book. Includes all instructor presentations, hands-on assignments, links to all software, and security checklist.
You don't need to be paranoid to know they are out there to get your device, data, and identity.
• Almost half of all thefts involve a mobile device.
• Hundreds of eyes may be able to see your name and password, along with the contents of every email you send.
• Once the bad guy has his hands on your iPhone or iPad, it takes under an hour to bypass your password to gain access to all your data.
• With a slight bit of social engineering, your iCloud account, along with all its data, is freely accessible.
• Through PRISM and other avenues, our government has access to your online browsing, email, instant messages, voice calls, and video conferences.
You don't need to be an Apple Genius to protect your system!
In this easy, step-by-step guide, CIO, Security Specialist, and Certified Apple Consultant Marc L. Mintz takes any iPhone or iPad user-from the novice with no technical skills, to experienced IT professional-through the process of fully encrypting and hardening the security of their device, data, email, documents, network, Instant Messaging, storage devices, iCloud, browsing, and entire Internet experience.
Guaranteed to be the easiest to follow and most comprehensive iOS 10 book available.
|Product dimensions:||7.52(w) x 9.25(h) x 1.09(d)|
About the Author
Marc Louis Mintz, MBA-IT, ACTC, is one of the most respected and sought-after IT consultants and technical trainers in the United States. His technical support services and workshops have been embraced by hundreds of organizations and thousands of individuals over the past 25 years, including the position of International Field Engineer Trainer for Digital Equipment Corporation and Motorola.
When away from the podium and writing desk, Marc is right there in the trenches with the rest of us, working to keep Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows systems securely and reliably connected.
Marc may be reached at:
President & CIO
Mintz InfoTech, Inc.