Practice Guidelines for Family Nurse Practitioners - Revised Reprint / Edition 3 available in Other Format
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Convenient and portable, Practice Guidelines for Family Nurse Practitioners, 3rd Edition Revised Reprint offers quick access to essential guidelines for Nurse Practitioners in a variety of family practice settings. Well known for its concise guidelines and extensive charts and tables, this Revised Reprint includes extensive updates throughout and offers vital information on the latest diagnostic methods, treatment options, and drug therapies for primary care conditions commonly seen by Nurse Practitioners in patients of all ages.
• Quick-reference outline format and a wealth of tables and charts facilitate quick access to essential information.
• Special populations assessment chapters, including adult, pediatric, and geriatric, allow for quick access to vital information for these specific age groups.
• Provides essential instructions on which problems must be referred to a physician and which constitute an emergency.
• Coverage includes the latest national guidelines.
• Color insert provides visual reinforcement for a better understanding of skin disorders.
• Compact size and spiral binding make this guide extremely versatile and portable.
• NEW! The 2014 Revised Reprint of Practice Guidelines for Family Nurse Practitioners, 3rd Edition includes extensive updates throughout:
• Updated treatment guidelines, including medications for numerous skin conditions, influenza, pharyngitis, GERD, vaginitis, PID, lipid disorders, hypertension, diabetes, depression, and anxiety.
• Coverage of several clinical issues - such as osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, and guidelines for screening Pap smears - has been extensively revised based on current standards of evaluation and therapy.
• Changes affecting diagnosis are included for several conditions, including hepatitis A, B, and C; GERD; H. pylori infection; and syncope.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||6.70(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
Unit I: History and Physical Examination 1.Adult Assessment 2.Pediatric Assessment 3.Geriatric Assessment Unit II: Common Conditions 4.Skin Disorders 5.Respiratory and Related ENT Disorders 6.Cardiovascular Disorders 7.Vascular and Blood Disorders 8.Abdominal Disorders 9.Gynecologic Disorders 10.Common Urinary Tract Disorders 11.Neurological Disorders 12.Musculoskeletal Disorders 13.Endocrine Disorders 14.Psychiatric Disorders 15.Pediatric Disorders Appendixes
Appendix A.Body Mass Index Appendix B. Food Sources for Selected Nutrients Appendix C. Peak Expiratory Flow Rate Appendix D. Patient Instruction Sheets Appendix E. Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) Appendix F. Dietary Supplements Appendix G. Pain Management Guidelines Appendix H. Herbal Therapy Appendix I. Suggested Hospital Admission Orders Appendix J. Biological Disease Agents