Precalculus - With Mymathlab Access / Edition 4 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
Exceptionally accessible and user-friendly, this introduction to precalculus features an abundance of interesting real-world applications that relate to readers' everyday lives. Filled with scenarios, examples, study tips, exercises, etc., it takes the intimidation out of learning precalculus, and gets readers up to speed quickly and painlessly. Prerequisites: Fundamental Concepts of Algebra. Equations, Inequalities, and Mathematical Models. Functions and Graphs. Polynomial and Rational Functions. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions. Trigonometric Functions. Analytic Trigonometry. Additional Topics in Trigonometry. Systems of Equations and Inequalities. Matrices and Determinants. Conic Sections. Sequences, Induction, and Probability. For anyone wanting a user-friendly introduction to precalculus.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.10(w) x 10.30(h) x 1.80(d)|
Table of ContentsP. Prerequisites: Fundamental Concepts of Algebra.
1. Functions and Graphs.
2. Polynomial and Rational Functions.
3. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions.
4. Trigonometric Functions.
5. Analytic Trigonometry.
6. Additional Topics in Trigonometry.
7. Systems of Equations and Inequalities.
8. Matrices and Determinants.
9. Conic Sections and Analytic Geometry.
10. Sequences, Induction, and Probability.
11. A Preview of Calculus: The Limit and the Derivative of a Function.
Appendix: Where Did That Come From? Selected Proofs.