Prentice Hall's Environmental Technology Series, Volume V : Waste Management Concepts / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Pearson Education
This one of a series of handbooks is specifically designed to meet the Partners for Environmental Technology Education (PETE) curriculum guidelines now established for courses in the Environmental Hazardous Materials Technology (EHMT) Associates Degree Program. Volume V guides readers through the application of the Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA) which governs hazardous waste from its creation to its disposal.
Table of ContentsPreface.
About the Authors.
1. Overview of Pollution Prevention.
2. Basic EPA Concepts of Hazardous Waste.
3. Generators of Hazardous Waste.
4. Transportation of Hazardous Waste.
5. Treatment, Storage and Disposal of Hazardous Waste.
6. Technical Requirements of a TSDF.
7. The Permitting Process.
8. Compliance & Enforcement.
9. Medical Waste Management.
10. Low-level Radioactive Waste and Mixed Wastes.
11. Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments.
12. Remedial Technologies.