This workbook will enable you to:
· play your part in implementing and maintaining safe systems of work;
· identify hazards in your workplace, and take effective precautions against them;
· take part in risk assessment;
· identify some important points of health and safety law;
· cope with, report on and investigate accidents at work.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||8.27(w) x 11.69(h) x (d)|
Table of Contents
SESSION A: ACCIDENTS AND THEIR CAUSES: Introduction; Definition of an accident; What kind of accidents?; What causes accidents?; Policies for safety; The team leader's role; Summary; SESSION B: THE MANAGEMENT OF SAFETY; Introduction; The cost of accidents; Management strategies for safety; Accident prevention and the law; Risk assessment; People with a special role to play; Summary; SESSION C: PRACTICAL ACCIDENT PREVENTION; Introduction; Machinery safety; Preventing falls; Electrical hazards; Maintenance work; Manual handling; Fire hazards; Proctective equipment; Day-to-day tasks; Summary; SESSION D: COPING WITH ACCIDENTS; Introduction; Dealing with accidents and abnormal occurences; Reporting accidents; Investigating an accident; Summary.