Unlike many other puzzle books, this series offers your early learner total independence to play them without any assistance from you. It is a self-checking puzzle book that gives a child complete freedom to enjoy words he is learning and to check his answers all by himself easily.
In Book 1 of Primary Games, your child will find a book in LARGE PRINT that uses lower-cased lettering. Unlike most other game books, this one uses the SAME LIST of spelling words in each set of puzzle games. This means, that after he has played all the puzzles, he will have a sense of mastery for the words he has been using.
Here is what you will find in this resource:
1. Using visually attractive picture images beside each spelling word, your child or student will have an illustration of the word he is learning to spell
2. These SAME spelling words are then used in the WORD SEARCH PUZZLE. Each puzzle only incorporates horizontal and vertical letter placement. Backward and diagonal lettering are not used to prevent confusion
3. The ANSWERS to each word search puzzle can be found on the BACK of the puzzle page, making it easy for your child to receive immediate feedback and any necessary help with his efforts
4. Next, the CROSSWORD PUZZLE incorporates the SAME spelling words your child has been playing with; however, instead of clues, the words are listed, making it fun for him to find the numbers and fill in the "across" and "down" categories
5. In the final puzzle game of the set, your child will get to test himself with a Fill-in-the-Blanks game that uses the SAME words he has been learning in the other puzzle games
6. And because of the large print, your child will have plenty of room to practice writing his letters, eliminating the frustration of spaces that are too small
Through the use of REPETITION and learning to see the "SHAPES" of words with lower-case lettering, your child will experience success and confidence--all without any supervision or help from YOU!
And be sure to check out Book 2 of Primary Games for continued fun--for you AND your child!
|Publisher:||Speedy Publishing LLC|
|Edition description:||Large Print|
|Product dimensions:||8.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.15(d)|
About the Author
Now in a classroom of four students she knows on a intimate basis, Carol continues to be actively involved in developing some of her own curriculum and making lessons and learning fun and meaningful.
As a mom and teacher, Carol's love for teaching small children has begun to find its way into creating books and games for early elementary-aged children where learning is fun, and is presented in such a way that moms and teachers don't have to provide constant oversight of the child.
When Carol is not being creative on her laptop, she thoroughly enjoys being outside. From gardening to traveling, and exercising to photography, Carol has a love for life and seeks to make every moment count.