The Principles of Auto Body Repairing and Repainting / Edition 6 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
Written by a combination journeyman and instructor, this book presents the sum of current theoretical knowledge as well as explanations of all practical repair operations in use today. It is written using clear and simple terms to help auto body readers and apprentices learn easily the basic repair operations they need to master to become fully qualified and proficient technicians. The Sixth Edition has been updated to include the most recent tools, trends and techniques in the field.
|Publisher:||Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.47(w) x 11.19(h) x 1.23(d)|
Table of Contents1. Safety in the Auto Body Shop.
2. Auto Body Construction.
4. Hydraulic Straightening Equipment.
5. Abrasives and Sanding Tools.
7. Repairing Sheet-Metal Panels.
8. Using Fillers and Plastic for Panel Repair.
9. Frame and Body Alignment.
10. Mechanical Components.
11. Electronic and Electrical Components.
12. Replacement Panels and Corrosion Protection.
13. Making Adjustments.
14. Door Trim and Headlinings.
15. Replacing Glass and Weatherstripping.
16. Repairing Collision Damage.
17. Refinishing Equipment.
18. Refinishing Materials.
19. Refinishing the Vehicle.
Appendix A. Labor Conversion Chart and Metric Tables.
Appendix B. Write-on Estimate Worksheets.
Appendix C. NATEF Task List.