Principles of Risk Management and Insurance / Edition 11 available in Hardcover
About the Author
George E. Rejda is a nationally known expert on private insurance and social insurance programs. He is a Past President of the American Risk and Insurance Association. His primary research areas are Social Security and unemployment insurance. He is a founding member of the National Academy of Social Insurance, initially limited to 125 experts on Social Security in the United States. He is the founding editor of Benefits Quarterly in the employee benefits field and also served as Communication and Notes editor for the Journal of Risk and Insurance. He has published numerous books, articles, and other publications, several of which were used by the Insurance Institute of America in its professional program. He is a former member of the examination committee of the Insurance Institute of America, which designs and administers professional examinations to employees in the property and casualty insurance industry. His textbook, Principles of Risk Management and Insurance, is widely used by colleges and universities throughout the United States. Rejda received his Ph.D. degree from the University of Pennsylvania where he studied risk and insurance as a Huebner Foundation Fellow in the Wharton School. He is a former member of the Administrative Board of the Huebner Foundation for Insurance Education at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. He is also a Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU). During his career at UNL, he has taught more than 13,000 students.
Table of ContentsI. BASIC CONCEPTS IN RISK MANAGEMENT AND INSURANCE.
1. Risk in Our Society.
2. Insurance and Risk.
3. Introduction to Risk Management.
4. Advanced Topics in Risk Management.
II. LEGAL PRINCIPLES IN RISK AND INSURANCE.
5. Fundamental Legal Principles.
6. Analysis of Insurance Contracts.
III. PERSONAL PROPERTY AND LIABILITY RISKS.
7. The Liability Risk.
8. Homeowners Insurance, Section I.
9. Homeowners Insurance, Section II.
10. Automobile Insurance.
11. Automobile Insurance and Society.
12. Other Property and Liability Insurance Coverages.
IV. COMMERCIAL PROPERTY AND LIABILITY RISKS.
13. Commercial Property Insurance.
14. Commercial Liability Insurance.
15. Crime Insurance and Surety Bonds.
V. LIFE AND HEALTH RISKS.
16. Fundamentals of Life Insurance.
17. Types of Life Insurance.
18. Life Insurance Contractual Provisions.
19. Buying Life Insurance.
20. Annuities and Individual Retirement Accounts.
21. Individual Health and Disability-Income Insurance.
22. Employee Benefits: Group Life and Health Insurance.
23. Employee Benefits: Retirement Plans.
24. Social Insurance.
VI. THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY.
25. Types of Insurers and Marketing Systems.
26. Insurance Company Operations.
27. Insurance Pricing.
28. Government Regulation of Insurance.