Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX® Examination, 4th Edition is the original and most popular NCLEX review book on the market focused exclusively on building prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills! Using a unique simple-to-complex approach, this best-selling text establishes your foundational knowledge of management of care, then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you transition to practice in today's fast-paced healthcare environment. This new edition features over 60 pages of additional questions, a completely new pharmacology chapter and questions, a content re-alignment to match the latest National League for Nursing guidelines for delegation and patient assignemtn, increased inclusion of LGBTQ-related scenarios, updated infection control coverage, and much more!
• Answer keys directly following each chapter for improved usability offer a detailed rationale and an indication of the focus of the question to encourage formative assessment.
• Interactive practice quizzing on Evolve allows you to create a virtually unlimited number of practice sessions in Study Mode or Exam Mode.
• Emphasis on the NCLEX Examination’s management-of-care focus addresses the heavy emphasis on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment in the current NCLEX-RN® Examination.
• Updated content throughout matches the latest evidence-based guidelines and treatment protocols.
• Improved navigation and usability with includes color tabs on the edges of the book's pages and with answers directly following each chapter.
• UNIQUE! Three-part organization establishes foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
• NEW! More than 60 pages of new questions provide additional practice prepare students for the prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment questions on the NCLEX-RN® Exam.
• NEW! Pharmacology chapter and expanded pharmacology questions throughout prepare you for the strong pharmacology focus of the latest NCLEX-RN® Exam.
• NEW! Re-alignment of delegation and assignment content and answer key coding to reflect the latest National League for Nursing (NLN) guidelines on what constitutes delegation and what constitutes patient assignment.
• NEW! Increased emphasis on infection control addresses the growing problems of antibiotic resistance and the rapid spread of infectious disease resulting from our globally mobile society and from growing resistance to vaccination.
• NEW! Increased inclusion of LGBTQ scenarios and healthcare concerns prepares you to work with the LGBTQ community.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||7.88(w) x 10.68(h) x 0.48(d)|
Table of Contents
PART ONE: INTRODUCTION Guidelines for Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment Decisions
PART TWO: PRIORITIZATION, DELEGATION, AND ASSIGNMENT IN COMMON HEALTH SCENARIOS 1. Pain 2. Cancer 3. Immunologic Problems 4. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance Problems 5. Safety and Infection Control 6. Respiratory Problems 7. Cardiovascular Problems 8. Hematologic Problems 9. Neurologic Problems 10. Visual and Auditory Problems 11. Musculoskeletal Problems 12. Gastrointestinal and Nutritional Problems 13. Diabetes Mellitus 14. Other Endocrine Problems 15. Integumentary Problems 16. Renal and Urinary Problems 17. Reproductive Problems 18. Problems in Pregnancy and Childbearing 19. Pediatric Problems 20. Pharmacology NEW! 21. Emergencies and Disasters 22. Psychiatric-Mental Health Problems
PART THREE: PRIORITIZATION, DELEGATION, AND ASSIGNMENT IN COMPLEX HEALTH SCENARIOS Case Study 1 - Chest Pressure, Indigestion, and Nausea Case Study 2 - Dyspnea and Shortness of Breath Case Study 3 - Multiple Clients on a Medical-Surgical Unit Case Study 4 - Shortness of Breath, Edema, and Decreased Urine Output Case Study 5 - Diabetic Ketoacidosis Case Study 6 - Home Health Case Study 7 - Spinal Cord Injury Case Study 8 - Multiple Patients With Adrenal Gland Disorders Case Study 9 - Multiple Clients With Gastrointestinal Problems Case Study 10 - Multiple Patients With Pain Case Study 11- Multiple Clients With Cancer Case Study 12 - Gastrointestinal Bleeding Case Study 13 - Head and Leg Trauma and Shock Case Study 14 - Septic Shock Case Study 15 - Heart Failure Case Study 16 - Multiple Patients With Peripheral Vascular Disease Case Study 17 - Respiratory Difficulty After Surgery Case Study 18 - Long-Term Care Case Study 19 - Pediatric Clients in Clinic and Acute Care Setting Case Study 20 - Multiple Patients With Mental Health Disorders Case Study 21 - Childbearing
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Bad for review, note a refundable item, nook has poor customer support. I is better to have the real book.