Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Problem-Oriented Policing and Crime Prevention / Edition 2 available in Paperback
Instead of merely reacting to crimes once they've been committed, can police agencies learn how to prevent offenses from occurring? Anthony Braga's comprehensive analysis demonstrates clearly how the emerging problem-oriented policing approach is proving effective in preventing a wide range of criminal activities.
Problem-Oriented Policing and Crime Prevention is the only book recommended by the nonprofit Center for Problem-Oriented Policing for use in all modules of its Model POP Curriculum, including courses at colleges and universities and training programs for police personnel.
|Publisher:||Lynne Rienner Publishers, Inc.|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
- ForewordsRonald V. Clarke, Herman Goldstein.
- The Practice of Problem-Oriented Policing.
- Preventing Crime at Problem Places.
- Controlling High-Activity Offenders.
- Protecting Repeat Victims.
- Facilitating Problem-Oriented Policing.
- The Problem of Displacement.
- Final Thoughts.