Introducing a new title in the Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology Series! This lavishly illustrated reference provides practical guidance on the full range of procedures for the treatment of leg veins, and is edited by the foremost pioneers in the field! Includes an instructional DVD with procedural video clips so you can implement the newest procedures in to your practice immediately!
Optimize outcomes and improve your technique with guidance about common pitfalls and "tricks of the trade" from practically minded, technically skilled, hands-on clinicians.
• Implement the newest surgical procedures into your practice with the guidance of an expanded, comprehensive collection of procedural video clips.
• Stay current with the emerging topics and newest developments in cosmetic surgery. New chapters cover the latest ultrasound-guided procedures and compression techniques.
See things as they appear in practice thanks to an abundance of color illustrations and case studies, including more "before and after" clinical photographs.
Watch and learn the hottest procedures and techniques for treating vein disorders.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Series:||Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology|
|Product dimensions:||7.70(w) x 10.50(h) x 0.70(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Venous anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology
2. Presentations of venous disease a. Superficial venous insufficiency b. Deep venous insufficiency c. Differential diagnosis of clinical patterns
3. Patient Evaluation (H&P)
a. History and physical b. Clinical Etiologic Anatomic Pathologic (CEAP) classification c. Diagnostic studies d. Manual Doppler e. Duplex ultrasound f. Photoplethysmography g. Classification of venous disease
4. Therapeutic overview a. Role of Compression therapy b. Treatment of truncal or saphenous vein incompetence c. Treatment of non-truncal tributaries i. Small vessel disease ii. Large vessel disease d. Integrating therapeutic options
5. Sclerotherapy a. Standard technique b. Foam sclerotherapy c. Duplex guided sclerotherapy d. Empty vein technique
6. Laser surgery
7. Ambulatory Phlebectomy a. Leg varicosities b. Veins in other locations
8. Endovenous ablation a. VNUS Closure® (Radiofrequency Closure®)
b. Endovenous laser
9. Surgical Approaches a. Stripping and Ligation b. Subfascial endoscopic perforator surgery (SEPS)
10. Appendices a. Organizations b. Equipment manufacturers and distributors c. Diagrams and forms