Production Planning and Inventory Control / Edition 2 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
This example-driven book covers the basics of manufacturing planning and control with the needs of the modern manufacturing organizationin mind. In describing how to utilize the manufacturing resourcesof an organization in the most efficient and effective ways possible,the Second Edition examines both traditional topics and importantnew concepts. Covers traditional topics, including: forecasting, inventory management, aggregate planning,master production planning, material requirements planning, capacity planning and control,job shop production activity planning, and scheduling and control as well as important new topics, like:total quality management, manufacturing strategy, theory of constraints, and technology and innovation management. Appropriate for people interested in production planning and inventory control.
|Publisher:||Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference|
|Series:||Quantitative Methods and Applied Statistics Series|
|Product dimensions:||6.94(w) x 11.90(h) x 0.93(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Manufacturing and Service Strategies.
3. Special Topics in Forecasting.
II. MATERIALS MANAGEMENT.
4. Basic Inventory Systems.
5. Multi Item Joint Replenishment.
6. Inventory Systems Under Risk.
7. Aggregate Inventory Management.
8. Distribution Requirements Planning.
III. PLANNING ACTIVITIES.
9. Aggregate Planning.
10. Master Production Schedule.
11. The Planning of Material Requirements.
IV. CONTROL ACTIVITIES.
12. Capacity Planning and Control.
13. High Volume Production Activity Control.
14. Job Shop Production Activity Planning.
15. Job Shop Production Activity Control.
16. Theory of Constraints and Synchronous Manufacturing.
17. Project Management Techniques.
V. MANUFACTURING STRATEGY AND TECHNOLOGY.
18. Speed to Market.
19. Technological Innovations in Manufacturing.
20. Total Quality Management.
21. Factory of the Future.
Answers to Odd-Numbered Problems.