Temporarily Out of Stock Online
ASP.NET allows web sites to display unique pages for each visitor rather than show the same static HTML pages. The release of ASP.NET 2.0 is a revolutionary leap forward in the area of web application development. It brings with it a wealth of new and exciting built-in functions that reduce the amount of code you'll need to write for even the most common applications.
With more than 50 new server controls, the number of classes inside ASP.NET 2.0 has more than doubled, and in many cases, the changes in this new version are dramatic. This book will alert you to every new feature and capability that ASP.NET 2.0 provides so that you'll be prepared to put these new technologies into action. Greatly expanded from the original best-selling Professional ASP.NET 2.0, this new special edition adds hundreds of pages of new coverage of advanced and new techniques relating to data and data sources, the provider model, personalization, membership, role management, localization, configuration, migration, and Altas.
Bonus CD-ROM and DVD
• The bonus DVD includes a 180-day trial of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional
• The accompanying CD-ROM features a valuable library of chapters from other key Wrox books. It contains more than 1,000 pages from more than 15 Wrox ASP.NET 2.0, C# 2005, VB 2005, .NET 2.0, and SQL Server 2005 books.
What you will learn from this book
• The idea of the server control and its pivotal role in ASP.NET development
• How to create templated ASP.NET pages using the new master page feature
• Techniques for debugging and handling errors
• How to work with data from enterprise databases including SQL Server 2005 and Oracle(r)
• Ways to package and deploy ASP.NET applications
• How to retrieve, update, and delete data quickly and logically
• How to implement the cultures and regions features to localize your web site into multiple languages for different visitors
• How to use the new "Altas" add-in for ASP.NET 2.0 to add Ajax-style capabilities to your ASP.NET applications
• An understanding of how to use and extend the new provider model for accessing data stores, processes, and more
• How to keep track of your application's performance and health with new monitoring tools
• When and how to migrate your ASP.NET 1.x applications to 2.0
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced programmers and developers who are looking to make the transition to ASP.NET 2.0.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
This book is also available as part of the 5-book ASP.NET 2.0 Wrox Box (ISBN: 0-470-11757-5). This 5-book set includes:
- Professional ASP.NET 2.0 Special Edition (ISBN: 0-470-04178-1)
- ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution (ISBN: 0764584642 )
- Professional ASP.NET 2.0 Security, Membership, and Role Management (ISBN: 0764596985)
- Professional ASP.NET 2.0 Server Control and Component Development (ISBN: 0471793507)
- ASP.NET 2.0 MVP Hacks and Tips (ISBN: 0764597663)
- CD-ROM with more than 1000 pages of bonus chapters from 15 other .NET 2.0 and SQL Server(TM) 2005 Wrox books
- DVD with 180-day trial version of Microsoft(r) Visual Studio(r) 2005 Professional Edition
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Hello ASP.NET 2.0!
A Little Bit of History.
Chapter 2: Visual Studio 2005.
Chapter 3: Application and Page Frameworks.
Chapter 4: ASP.NET Server Controls and Client-Side Scripts.
Chapter 5: ASP.NET Web Server Controls.
Chapter 6: ASP.NET 2.0 Web Server Controls.
Chapter 7: Validation Server Controls.
Chapter 8: Working with Master Pages.
Chapter 9: Themes and Skins.
Chapter 10: Collections and Lists.
Chapter 11: Data Binding in ASP.NET 2.0.
Chapter 12: Data Management with ADO.NET.
Chapter 13: Working with XML.
Chapter 14: Introduction to the Provider Model.
Chapter 15: Extending the Provider Model.
Chapter 16: Site Navigation.
Chapter 17: Personalization.
Chapter 18: Membership and Role Management.
Chapter 19: Portal Frameworks and Web Parts.
Chapter 20: Security.
Chapter 21: State Management.
Chapter 22: Caching.
Chapter 23: Debugging and Error Handling Techniques.
Chapter 24: File I/O and Streams.
Chapter 25: User and Server Controls.
Chapter 26: Modules and Handlers.
Chapter 27: Using Business Objects.
Chapter 28: Mobile Development.
Chapter 29: Building and Consuming XML Web Services.
Chapter 30: Localization.
Chapter 31: Configuration.
Chapter 32: Instrumentation.
Chapter 33: Administration and Management.
Chapter 34: Packaging and Deploying ASP.NET Applications.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Guys working on asp.net2.0 would find this book very handy and has wealth of information which you won't find in sites. Very good for referencing.