Professional DotNetNuke® Module Programming
As the force behind the creation of new functionality to DotNetNuke Web sites, DotNetNuke modules are reusable programming components that offer a way to extend the basic DotNetNuke framework. With this resource, you'll learn the best practices for DotNetNuke module development, and you'll gain a clear understanding of the development techniques needed to work within the DotNetNuke framework.
This book begins with a look at development within DotNetNuke. The book walks you through DotNetNuke setup, terminology, development environment setup, and options for .NET project setup. You'll gradually move on to discussions of more advanced module programming concepts, such as optional interfaces and DotNetNuke user controls. A scenario-based model introduces other extension methods (such as authentication providers and skin objects), and demonstrates how to communicate with the API. Real-world examples throughout serve to enhance your grasp of ways to successfully market and distribute a completed DotNetNuke module.
What you will learn from this book
- How to properly create requirements for a DotNetNuke module project
- How to create modules that support static text localization
- Why it is important to adhere to the API, and how to take full advantage of it
- How to tightly and safely integrate custom code with the framework
- Techniques for packaging, installing, and debugging modules
- Tips for dealing with third-party components and controls
- Tips for working with both DotNetNuke 4.x and 5.x
- Implementation details for various Ajax frameworks, including jQuery and ASP.NET Ajax
l An understanding of alternative integration options such as authentication providers and skin objects
Who this book is for
This book is for DotNetNuke users of all levels of experience who are looking to expand their expertise. A knowledge of DotNetNuke is not required, but will be helpful.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.90(d)|