The authoritative Java developer's guide to designing better distributed object systems and implementing them faster-using VisiBroker
Coauthored by the lead architect for the VisiBroker Java ORB, this is the authoritative guide to programming with VisiBroker for Java. Designed to help Java developers quickly master the skills they need to develop more powerful and sophisticated distributed, object-oriented, client/server systems from scratch or by combining existing components, it covers all the crucial bases in the life cycle of a VisiBroker implementation, including:
• Analysis and design of distributed object systems
• Basic and advanced VisiBroker for Java implementations
• Performance considerations and fine-tuning
• The approved OMG IDL to Java mapping
• VisiBroker interfaces to legacy relational databases using JDBC.
The dream of distributed, object-oriented, client/server systems that are both location- and language-transparent is at last a reality. In great part, this is due to the growing worldwide acceptance of CORBA as the architectural standard of choice. This book brings together the most popular implementation of the CORBA standard, VisiBroker, and Java, the most popular language for Internet programming.
The CD-ROM contains:
• VisiBroker for Java 3.1
• VisiBroker Naming and Event Services
• Complete code for all the examples from the book.