A complete webmaster's and web designer's guide to exploiting XML's full capabilities for presenting data.
Project Cool(TM) Guide to XML for Web Designers.
Internationally renowned web developer Teresa A. Martin gets you up to speed on what XML is, how it works, how it fits in with other web design and development tools, and how, when, and why to incorporate it into your web site. Project Cool Guide to XML for Web Designers is the only XML guide geared specifically to the needs of webmasters and designers, and offers clear step-by-step guidance for integrating the XML process-from DTDs, parsing, and assigning style data to displaying a page in web browsers. You get all the background information and working examples you need to:
• Master the XML syntax to create well-formed and valid documents.
• Build a simple DTD and create elements and attributes lists.
• Attach styles to an XML document and display it in a web page.
• Work with XML and the 5.X browsers to display pages more powerfully.
• Use the new Document Object Model (DOM).
• Learn about the new XSL specification, CSS, and IE5 behaviors.
On the companion web site at www.projectcool.com/guide/xml you'll find:
• A live demo that lets you see XML in action.
• Regular updates on emerging XML specifications and applications.
• Working examples of XML solutions.
• Visual glossaries.
Visit our web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/
|Product dimensions:||7.51(w) x 9.22(h) x 0.73(d)|
About the Author
TERESA A. MARTIN is the cofounder of Project Cool, the online resource for webmasters, and a celebrated interactive media guru.
Table of Contents
The Structured Document.
What Is XML?
The Document Object Model.
The Standards Process.
XML Document Basics.
Creating Well-Formed and Valid XML Documents.
Other Pieces of an XML Document.
Understanding a DTD.
Creating a DTD.
Under the Hood: A Simple XML Example.
Displaying an XML Document.