Project Management gives you proven guidance in both the science and art of becoming an effective project manager, from coordinating and documenting the work to leading people to developing (and trusting!) your own judgment. Filled with action steps, this practical guide helps you get comfortable with the tools of project planning as well as cultivate smooth working relationships with people inside and outside your organization in order to achieve your goals. You'll see how to:
- Understand exactly what is required of you in your role
- Develop a logical plan of action
- Lead and motivate a team while actively managing your communication channels
- Make the best decisions for the project-and seek acceptable solutions rather than perfect ones
- Perform financial analyses and terminate unworthy projects in order to meet a bottom-line, long-term objective
- Manage all project stakeholders through consistent measuring against a pre-announced baseline for productivity
Effective project management isn't easy, but the payoff can be huge-both for you and for your organization. Project Management helps you develop the foundation you need to be successful in any project initiative.
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||4.90(w) x 7.90(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
Gary R. Heerkens, P.M.P.,C.B.M., P.E. is president of Management Solutions Group, Inc., a provider of project management educational solutions. He is the author of Project Management (0-07-145087-4) in McGraw-Hill's Briefcase Book series.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Very good and thin ! book to get tips to manage a project