Psychology I Super Review available in Paperback
Need help with Psychology? Want a quick review or refresher for class? This is the book for you!
REA's Psychology I Super Review® gives you everything you need to know!
This Super Review® can be used as a supplement to your high school or college textbook, or as a handy guide for anyone who needs a fast review of the subject.
* Comprehensive, yet concise coverage - review covers the material that is typically taught in a beginning-level psychology course. Each topic is presented in a clear and easy-to-understand format.
* Questions and answers for each topic - let you practice what you've learned and increase your subject knowledge.
* End-of-chapter quizzes - gauge your understanding of the important information you need to know, so you'll be ready for any psychology question you encounter on your next quiz or test.
Whether you need a quick refresher on the subject, or are prepping for your next test, we think you'll agree that REA's Super Review® provides all you need to know!
Read an Excerpt
What This Book Will Do For You...
REA's SUPER REVIEWS provides all you need to know to excel in class and succeed on midterms, finals, and even pop quizzes.
Think of this book as giving you access to your own private tutor. Here, right at your fingertips, is a brisk review to help you not only understand your textbook but also pick up where even some of the best lectures leave off.
Outstanding features include...
- Comprehensive yet concise coverage
- Targeted preparation for subject tests
- Easy-to-follow & format that helps you master the subject matter
- End-of-chapter quizzes that provide pretest tune-up
We think you'll agree that, whether you're prepping for your next test or want to be a stronger contributor in class, REA's truly provides all you need to know!
Larry B. Kling
Super Review Program Director
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction to Psychology
1.1 Defining Psychology and Psychologists
1.2 Major Subfields of Psychology Today
1.3 Historical Approaches to the Study of Psychology
1.4 Research Methods
Quiz: Introduction to Psychology
Chapter 2 Biological Basis of Behavior
2.1 The Nervous System
2.2 The Brain
2.3 Hormones and the Endocrine System
Quiz: Biological Basis of Behavior
Chapter 3 Sensation
3.4 The Other Senses
Chapter 4 Perception
4.1 Depth Perception
4.2 Perceptual Organization
4.3 Perceptual Constancies
4.4 Perceptual Illusions
Chapter 5 States of Consciousness
5.1 Sleeping and Consciousness
Quiz: States of Consciousness
Chapter 6 Conditioning and Learning
6.1 Classical Conditioning
6.2 Operant and Instrumental Conditioning
6.3 Observational Learning
Chapter 7 Human Memory
Chapter 8 Language and Thought
8.1 Major Properties of Spoken Language
8.2 Language Development
8.3 Elements of Thought
8.4 Problem Solving
8.5 Decision Making
Quiz: Conditioning and Learning-Language and Thought