Strategies for success for the psychology major
Landrum/Davis provides strategies for success that will allow students to achieve their career goals, whatever they may be. The authors provide fundamental tips and advice that can be useful to all students, but especially useful for psychology majors.
This text standardizes and catalogs much of the practical advice that professors often give to students—providing tips on how to do well in all classes, how to find research ideas, and how to write papers in general APA format. Also, the book contains up-to-date career information that faculty might not normally have at their fingertips, including the latest salary figures for a number of psychology-related jobs and occupations.
Upon completing this book, readers should be able to:
- Describe why psychology is a practical subject for any student to study.
- Identify career opportunities for holders of a Bachelor’s degree in psychology
- Identify career opportunities for holders of a Master’s or Doctoral degree in psychology.
- Find research ideas and write papers in APA format.
Note: MySearchLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySearchLab, please visit www.mysearchlab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MySearchLab: ValuePack ISBN-10: TBD / ValuePack ISBN-13: TBD
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.52(w) x 10.88(h) x 0.40(d)|
Table of Contents
2. Career Options with a B.A. or B.S. in Psychology.
3. Graduate School Opportunities, Challenges, and Choices.
4. Undergraduate Opportunities.
5. Locating Prior Research.
6. Publication Manual Primer: Tips for APA Format.
7. Tips for Doing Well in Psychology Courses.
8. Ethical Issues for Undergraduate Psychology Students.
9. Majoring in Psychology and Other Options.
Appendix: More Vita Tips, with Sample Vitae from Senior-level Psychology Majors.
Author and Subject Index.