Public Personnel Management: Current Concerns, Future Challenges / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Longman Publishing Group
|Publisher:||Longman Publishing Group|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.32(w) x 9.14(h) x 0.72(d)|
Table of Contents
Introduction: Public Personnel Management in a Time of Rapid Reform, Carolyn Ban and Norma M. Riccucci.
I. REFORM: POLITICS AND PROSPECTS.
1. Reinventing Public Personnel Management: The Winter and Gore Initiatives, Frank J. Thompson and Beryl A. Radin.
2. Strategic Human Resource Management, James L. Perry and Debra J. Mesch.
3. Accountability Challenges of Deregulation, Barbara S. Romzek.
II. CHALLENGES OF INCLUSION.
4. Will Affirmative Action Survive into the Twenty-First Century?, Norma M. Riccucci.
5. Models of Excellence in Workplace Diversity, Tamu Chambers and Norma M. Riccucci.
6. Colliding with a Glass Ceiling: Barriers to the Advancement of Women and Minorities, Katherine C. Naff.
7. A Legal Perspective on Sexual Harassment, Robert D. Lee Jr. and Paul S. Greenlaw.
8. Lesbians and Gay Men in the Public Sector Work Force, Charles W. Gossett.
9. AIDS and Disability Policy: How Can the Public Sector Prepare Itself?, James D. Slack.
III. THE OUTLOOK FOR LABOR-MANAGEMENT RELATIONS.
10. New Roles, New Strategies: Reinventing the Public Union, George T. Sulzner.
11. Labor-Management Partnerships in the Public Sector, T. Zane Reeves.
IV. TRADITIONAL PERSONNEL ISSUES IN A CHANGING ENVIRONMENT.
12. Hiring in the Public Sector: "Expediency Management" or Structural Reform?, Carolyn Ban.
13. EmployeePerformance Appraisal: The Keystone Made of Clay, Charles J. Fox and Kurt A. Shirkey.
14. Issues in Compensation and Benefits, N. Joseph Cayer.
15. Public Employees' Liability for "Constitutional Torts", David H. Rosenbloom.
16. Oppositional and Connectional Paradigms: Ways to Study and Practice Employee Discipline, Willa Marie Bruce.
V. CURRENT AND FUTURE CHALLENGES.
17. The Challenges of Cutback Management, Carolyn Ban.
18. The Challenge of Total Quality Management, Evan Berman.
19. Privatization: Implications for the Public Work Force, Donald F. Kettl.
20. Political/Career Relationships in Public Management: The Good, the Bad, and the Possibilities, Patricia W. Ingraham.