This challenging book reflects the intense discussion taking place on how public relations should develop and support management strategy. It links models and theories of strategic management to the PR function.
The new edition includes more material on corporate reputation, research methods, public affairs, and information management.
Aimed at both practitioners and students, this book will help readers relate the day-to-day work to overall corporate policies and planning.
About the Author
Dr. Sandra Oliver is founding editor of Corporate Communications journal and former chair of the International Public Relations Association.
Table of Contents
1. Not ‘Just’ Public Relations: PR Strategy in a Management Context
2. PR’s Place on the Board: A Core Governance Role
3. Reputation Management: A Celebrity-driven Society
4. Internal Communication and PR: Employees as Ambassadors
5. Beyond ‘Customer is King’: Sales and Marketing Promotion
6. Media Relations: A Borderless World View
7. Research Methods: Measures and Motives
8. The Ethical Dimension: A Moral Imperative