There are more than fifty-five million dogs in the United States, beloved pets that depend upon the attentive care of their human companions. Now, from the name that pet owners have turned to for generations, comes The PurinaTM Encyclopedia of Dog Care. In a clear, efficient format that enables you to find answers to all your questions in a minute or two, this definitive reference addresses virtually every concern that may arise about your best friend. How can I tell whether my dog is really sick? Can I treat him at home or does he need a vet? What health problems tend to be breed-specific? What's the best way to help a stray? Inside you'll find
- An A-to-Z resource to hundreds of canine topics, from adoption and allergies to weaning and whiplash
- Boxed charts featuring 174 canine conditions, options for treatment (home or veterinary), and advice on prevention
- Symptoms at a glancea fast, efficient table for home diagnosis
- Detailed descriptions of 140 breedshistory, appearance, dispositions, special needs, and health concerns
- A beautiful full-color photo gallery of breeds
- A helpful list of poisonous plants and substances, with emergency treatments
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of animal welfare and rescue organizations, pet services, veterinary resources, and canine research foundations
- And much more!
If you are concerned about your pet, The PurinaTM Encyclopedia of Dog Care will help to ensure that your best friend lives a long and healthy life.
|Publisher:||Random House Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||6.47(w) x 9.57(h) x 1.63(d)|