Learn from a husband and wife team who have taught and worked side-by-side with volunteers for over 25 years. Putting FUN Back into FUNdraising was written by Cal and Jeanne Gormick, who have been volunteers themselves, so they clearly understand the grassroots, nonprofit culture.
This step-by-step guide provides everything you need to plan and deliver a FUN and PROFITABLE FUNdraiser:
· Effective and powerful ways to identify the financial needs of your organization and set goals to bring in the $$
· Calendar and easy-to-follow checklist to stay on track every step of the way
· FUN activities to encourage audience enthusiasm
· Connecting volunteers with the perfect job that suits their unique personality
· Step-by-step guidance with printable forms for each volunteer
· Proven ways to solicit the best and most unique donations
· Selecting your perfect venue
· Unlocking the mysteries of productive ticket sales
· Publicity ideas to effectively promote your FUNdraiser for ultimate success
· FUN activities to encourage audience enthusiasm and participation
· The Secret Formula to selecting the key ingredient: Your Master of Ceremony/Auctioneer
|Publisher:||Gormicks All American|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.24(d)|
About the Author
"The year before the school's first Goods and Services Auction, they held an art auction where the audience spent over $10,000. Since the art house brought in the artwork they took about $7,500. The next year the parents decided to solicit their own donations and have Cal act as Auctioneer. That year the audience spent $8,600 providing the preschool with a huge profit! This motivated us to begin training other volunteers to do what we had done and raise money for their organizations through Goods and Services FUNdraising Auctions." Cal and Jeanne Gormick
The Gormicks combined Cal's business background in the worlds of venture capital, commercial real estate, and banking with Jeanne's strong background in public relations, marketing and management to provide the elements they needed to train these volunteers.
Cal once served the youth of Southern California as a District Executive for the Boy Scouts of America, which led him to become an emcee at numerous community events and, finally, an Auctioneer for nonprofit events.
Jeanne's volunteer activities range from serving as Chairman of their children's school carnival to acting as the Donations Chairman for a local hospital's Golf Tournament.
A FUN fact about this FUN-loving couple is that they were once winners of the "Newlywed Game" emceed by Bob Eubanks.
Cal actually fashioned his Master of Ceremony/Auctioneer role after Bob Eubanks' game show host personality rather than that of a professional auctioneer. In fact, he cautions against using a professional auctioneer. Cal says, "Sometimes a professional auctioneer can make the audience feel pressured or uncomfortable because they lack a true understanding of the grassroots, nonprofit audience."
Like her husband, Jeanne, is an accomplished public speaker and trainer.
Together they have trained volunteers to produce successful FUNdraising Auctions from start to finish. They continue to conduct Donation Training Sessions throughout Southern California.