To improve development outcomes, the Bank needs to:
1. demonstrate the value of incorporating social development themes in its work to its own staff as well as its borrowers;
2. develop capacity to identify critically needed social knowledge and to facilitate its flow;
3. provide staff with consistent access to essential social information to build social development into project designs and ensure that social development concerns are addressed during implementation (this will likely involve making greater use of in-country capacity);
4. ensure that stated Bank or policy priorities receive adequate treatment across Regions and countries, and throughout the project cycle; and
5. identify, and promote integration within, thematic combinations that improve outcomes.