Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner / Edition 2 available in Paperback
If you are new to programming with Python and are looking for a solid introduction, this is the book for you. Developed by computer science instructors, books in the for the absolute beginner series teach the principles of programming through simple game creation. You will acquire the skills that you need for more practical Python programming applications and you will learn how these skills can be put to use in real- world scenarios. Best of all, by the time you finish this book you will be able to apply the basic principles you’ve learned to the next programming language you tackle.
· Fun approach to a difficult topic
· Readers will create games with Python as they learn the fundamentals of this programming language
· The CD will include games that readers can cut and paste into their own Web site
· The author provides challenges at the end of chapters to push readers to program on their own
Table of ContentsIntroduction
· Chapter 1 - Getting Started: The Game Over Program
· Chapter 2 - Types, Variables, and Simple I/O: The Useless Trivia Program
· Chapter 3 - Branching, while Loops, and Program Planning: The Guess My Number Game
· Chapter 4 - for Loops, Strings, and Tuples: The Word Jumble Game
· Chapter 5 - Lists and Dictionaries: The Hangman Game
· Chapter 6 - Functions
· Chapter 7 - Files and Exceptions: The Trivia Challenge Game
· Chapter 8 - Software Objects: The Critter Caretaker Program
· Chapter 9 - Object-Oriented Programming: The Blackjack Game
· Chapter 10 - GUI Development: The Mad Lib Program
· Chapter 11 - Graphics: The Pizza Panic Game
· Chapter 12 - Sound, Animation, and Program Development: The Astrocrash Game
· Appendix A - livewires Reference