This easy-to-use, best-selling collection of reading materials effectively assesses reading ability at emergent though high school levels. Qualitative Reading Inventory-5 includes both narrative and expository passages at each grade level, questions to assess prior knowledge, and word lists. Instructors can measure comprehension by retelling passages, implicit and explicit questions, and other devices. Based on the latest reading research, this comprehensive inventory focuses assessment on specific questions regarding word identification, fluency, and comprehension. It also provides suggestions for intervention instruction, procedures for assessment of strategic reading, and inclusion of results in classroom portfolios.
What's new to this edition...
- Presents new narrative texts even easier than the pre-kindergarten passages previously included, as well as a updated narrative for all primary grade level
- Includes passages at pre-kindergarten through second grade levels with and without pictures
- Offers maps and illustrations as part of expository selections for Grades 4-12Features new content on DVD , including:
- Examples of students reading orally
- Scored protocols to accompany readings
- Directions for administering each segment of the QRI
- Tables/Charts that increase consistency of administration’s coring and interpretation
- All student and instructor copies
- Outlines the full research-base and includes the various pilot studies conducted with various classrooms in the appendix
|Series:||Pearson Custom Education Series|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
2. Why Another Reading Inventory? A Research Perspective.
3. A General Description of the QRI II.
4. Information Provided by the QRI II.
5. Uses of the QRI II: The Examiner as a Reflective Decision Maker.
6. Administration and Scoring of the QRI II: Preparation for Testing.
7. Administration and Scoring of the QRI II: The Word Lists.
8. Administration and Scoring of the QRI II: Assessment of Prior Knowledge.
9. Administration and Scoring of the QRI II: The Passages.
10. Administration and Scoring of the QRI II: Word Identification in Context: Oral Reading.
11. Administration and Scoring of the QRI II: Comprehension
12. Administration and Scoring of QRI II: Assessing Strategic Reading.
13. Summarizing the Results of the QRI II: Organizing the Data.
14. Examples Using the QRI II.
Using the QRI for Placement Decisions.
15. Test Materials.
Preprimer Level Passages.
Level One Passages.
Level Two Passages.
Level Three Passages.
Level Four Passages.
Level Five Passages.
Level Six Passages.
Junior High Passages.
16. Technical Development of the Qualitative Reading Inventory II.
References Assessing and Correcting Classroom Reading Problems.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews