Quality Management for Organizational Excellence: Introduction to Total Quality / Edition 8 available in Hardcover
This practical, student-focused text shows how to focus all of an organization’s resources on continuous and simultaneous improvement of quality and productivity — thereby continually improving both performance and competitiveness. QUALITY MANAGEMENT FOR ORGANIZATIONAL EXCELLENCE: INTRODUCTION TO TOTAL QUALITY, 7/e coherently addresses all elements of quality management, including Lean, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and many topics that competitive books overlook (e.g., peak performance, partnering, manufacturing networks, culture, and crucial “people” aspects of quality). Direct and straightforward, it links “big picture” theories and principles to detailed real-world strategies and techniques. Throughout, critical thinking activities, discussion assignments, and research links promote deeper thinking and further exploration. This edition adds all-new cases, plus new information on topics ranging from supervision to certification, QFD and SPC to benchmarking and JIT.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Dr. David Goetsch is a full professor of Quality, Safety, and Business Management. He is the author of 75 books, six of which have been translated into foreign languages including Korean, Indonesian, Spanish, and Malaysian. Dr. Goetsch spent ten years in the private sector in quality-related positions before entering higher education full-time. His other books include Total Quality Handbook, Implementing Total Quality, Understanding ISO 9000 and ISO Standards, Occupational Safety and Health, Basics of Occupational Safety and Health, and Project Management for Engineering and Technology.
Stanley Davis is a former manufacturing executive with Harris Corporation and an adjunct professor of quality. He is co-author of several other books with Dr. Goetsch including Understanding ISO 9000 and the ISO Standards and Implementing Total Quality.
Table of Contents
Part I: Philosophy and Concepts
1. The Total Quality Approach to Quality Management: Achieving Organizational Excellence
2. Quality and Global Competitiveness
3. Strategic Management: Planning and Execution for Competitive Advantage
4. Quality Management, Ethics, and Corporate Social Responsibility
5. Partnering and Strategic Alliances
6. Quality Culture: Changing Hearts, Minds, and Attitudes
7. Customer Satisfaction, Retention, and Loyalty
8. Employee Empowerment
9. Leadership and Change
10. Team Building and Teamwork
11. Effective Communication
12. Education and Training
13. Overcoming Politics, Negativity, and Conflict in the Workplace
14. ISO 9000 and Total Quality: the Relationship. ISO 9000: the International Standard for Quality Management Systems
Part II: Tools and Techniques.
15. Overview of Total Quality Tools
16. Problem Solving and Decision Making
17. Quality Function Deployment
18. Optimizing and Controlling Processes Through Statistical Process Control
19. Continual Improvement Methods With Six Sigma, Lean, and Lean Six Sigma
21. Just-in-Time Manufacturing
22. Implementing Total Quality Management