About the Author
The late Neil MacCormick, formerly Regius Professor Emeritus of Public Law and the Law of Nature and Nations in the University of Edinburgh
Table of Contents
1. The Legal Framework: Institutional Normative Order
2. The State and the Law
3. The Interest of the State and the Rule of Law
4. The United Kingdom: What State? What Constitution?
5. The Benthamite Constitution: Decline and Fall?
6. A Very British Revolution?
7. Juridical Pluralism and the Risk of Constitutional Conflict
8. On Sovereignty and Post-Sovereignty
9. Democracy and Subsidiarity in the European Environment
10. Some Questions of Freedom
11. A Kind of Nationality
12. New Unions for Old