Quick Access Reference for Writers / Edition 7 available in Paperback
Prentice Hall's exclusive Companion Website offers unique tools and support for every concept in the Quick Access text. Every part of the book references additional online information, including:
- Thousands of self-graded questions for every key concept
- Pre-and post-tests to gauge comprehension on all grammar/punctuation topics
- A complete online text reference keyed to every exercise
- Tips and exercises for various stages of the writing process
- Writing help for different audiences and different academic/professional papers
The text is available electronically via the website, in a searchable and easy to use format. Every text reference is a click away.
The site is free to adopters of the Quick Access text via pin codes packaged with every handbook.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.60(w) x 6.70(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
THINKING AND READING REFLECTIVELY.
2. Reading Reflectively.
4. Distinguishing Between Synthesis and Summary
II. WRITING PROCESS.
7. Revising, Editing, and Proofreading.
8. Composing Paragraphs.
9. Arranging Essays.
11. Coordination and Subordination.
12. Sentence Style.
13. Sentence Fragments.
14. Comma Splices and Run-on Sentences.
15. Problems with Sentence Shifts.
16. Problems with Misplaced Modifiers.
18. Word Meanings and Word Impact.
19. Gender-Neutral Language.
22. Finding and Evaluating Traditional and Online Sources.
23. Extracting Information from Sources.
24. Using Sources and Avoiding Plagiarism.
25. Drafting and Revising a Research Paper.
VI. MLA DOCUMENTATION.
27. MLA Works Cited List.
28. A Student's MLA Research Paper.
VII. APA, CM, CBE DOCUMENTATION.
30. APA References List.
31. A Student's APA Research Paper.
32. CM-Style Documentation.
33. CBE-Style Documentation.
VII. DOCUMENT DESIGN.
35. Producing Effective Documents.
36. Design of Academic and Business Documents.
37. Online Documents.
IX. GRAMMAR BASICS.
40. Subject-Verb Agreement.
41. Pronouns: Agreement, Reference, Case.
42. Using Adjectives and Adverbs.
X. TIPS FOR MULTILINGUAL WRITERS.
45. Word Order.
47. Gerunds and Infinitives.
48. Modal Auxiliary Verbs.
XI. PUNCTUATION AND MECHANICS.
53. Quotation Marks.
54. End Punctuation.
55. Other Punctuation Marks.
Terms Glossary and Index.