Race for Relevance provides a no-nonsense look at today's realities and how associations operate and what they need to do to remain relevant in the future. Based on more than 40 years of combined experience working with more than 1,000 organizations, the authors examine 5 key areas where the traditional approach that organizations have taken in the past needs to be altered. The 5 key areas of change are:
• Overhaul the governance model and committee operations (and get the right people focused on the right things).
• Empower the CEO and leverage staff expertise.
• Zero in on your member market.
• Rationalize programs and servicesand focus where you can have an effect.
• Get the supporting technology framework right.
The book includes worksheets, checklists, and case studies all geared towards helping association leadersstaff and volunteers aliketo kick off the thought-provoking discussions that are generally at the forefront of change, be prepared for those fighting for the status quo, and to implement change without sacrificing your influence. Order a copy today for all of your association leaders and start your drive to thrive.