This revised edition of one of the earliest and best-known books on the subject has been updated to bring into teaching the latest developments in research and the hot topics in the Radiochemistry and Nuclear Chemistry fields including nuclear power and cosmic radiation.
Radiochemistry and Nuclear Chemistry, 4thed introduces and explains the theory and background of the physics and chemistry behind nuclear processes and radioactive decay, examines the origin of the elements in the universe and investigates the key applications e.g. medical radiation, and presents balanced views of topics including nuclear power, nuclear accidents like Fukoshima, and the management of nuclear waste.
- A completely updated edition of a respected text in the specialized field of nuclear/radiochemistry
- New numbering of formulas and equations in order to make referencing them easier
- Ideal for both radiochemistry and nuclear chemistry courses, as well as nuclear medicine, physic and imaging topics
- Now includes up to date content on Elementary particles, The Origin of the Universe, Cosmic Radiation and Long-lived Radioelements, Nuclear energy, Severe accidents, and The Management of Nuclear Waste
- Includes an interactive website with testing and evaluation modules based on the exercises in the text
Chapters include questions and answers to test your understanding of the topics
Simply explains all aspects of nuclear and radiochemistry - ideally suitable for radiochemistry and nuclear chemistry courses.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.60(w) x 9.40(h) x 1.50(d)|
About the Author
His research has, among other things, involved the influence of chemistry on core melt accidents, leading on to international research about iodine chemistry, how to mitigate radioactive releases from nuclear accidents, various methods of treatment and separation of spent radioactive fuel, and chemical aspects of final repositories for radioactive waste. After his return to Sweden he was chairman of the research committee at the Swedish Nuclear Power Inspectorate until his retirement. He has 255 published papers and reports in his name or as a coauthor, and is coauthor of several textbooks and monographies.