Today's children need to develop a global mindset -- an indispensable tool for success.
Together, as parents and educators, we must instill in our children an interest in learning about the world early on. Raising Global Children provides the rationale and concrete steps you can take to open up the world to young people and to do so in a fun and entertaining way without spending a whole lot of money. Packed with practical information, hundreds of tips and dozens of real-life stories, this combination parenting-educational advocacy book is the first of its kind to detail what raising global children means, why global awareness is important and how to develop a global mindset.
In Raising Global Children, the authors make a strong case for the importance of both small and big ways that adults can influence and shape the development of a global mindset in children, including:
• Encouraging curiosity, empathy, flexibility and independence
• Supporting learning a second language as early as possible
• Exploring culture through books, food, music and friends
• Expanding a child's world through travel at home and abroad
• Helping teens to spread their own global wings
• Advocating for teaching global education in schools
Enthusiastically praised by parents and professionals alike, Raising Global Children is filled with inspiring advice that will change the way you think about raising and educating children.
|Publisher:||American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.70(d)|