Temporarily Out of Stock Online
Aimed at those who wish to learn how to program RISC OS directly but who are struggling with the Programmer's Reference Manuals (PRMs), or who simply don't know where to start, this book will teach you everything you need to know to get the most from RISC OS and your Raspberry Pi.
Providing lucid descriptions, award-winning author Bruce Smith keeps things simple and includes plenty of examples you can try for yourself. Ideas and concepts are introduced in the order required so you should never be left wondering. Just some of the many features include:
• Filing systems including SDFS and FAT32FS
• FileCore and FileSwitch Operations
• The CLI,
• Commands and the SWI interface
• Communicating with RISC OS
• Writing and using Modules
• Vectors, Interrupts and Events
• The Window Manager (Desktop) and WIMP Utilities
• The Font Manager
• The Sound System
• SoundDMA and SoundControl
• The Floating Point Model
• Programming the GPIO
• Book support pages on author's website.
This is your first step to understanding RISC OS and using the PRMs to full effect.
Examples are provided in BBC BASIC and Assembler, all of which can be downloaded from the book support website at www.brucesmith.info.