The brick wall is crumbling, the bathroom needs a new floor, and Granma's antique desk is falling apart at the joints. Where do you turn? To the one book that solves it all - Reader's Digest Book of Skills & Tools.
Not a traditional project book, Reader's Digest Book of Skills & Tools is an encyclopedia that shows you - in easy-to-follow text and illustrations - all you need to know about tools, hardware, basic materials, and techniques. Inside you'll find:
- Essential techniques for woodworking, metalworking, and working with masonry, ceramics, plastics, glass, paint, wallcovering, and flooring.
- Full-color photographs of more than 800 hand tools, power tools, and accessories - from claw hammers and crowfoot wrenches to cordless drills and radial arm saws, from file handles and sanding discs to router guides and templates.
- Photographs of more than 400 pieces of hardware - from nails and toggle bolts to glass-door hinges and front-door locks.
- Guidelines for choosing the best materials for the job, including hardwoods, softwoods, plywoods, and moldings; bricks, pavers, and concrete finishes; tiles, glass, plastics, paints, metals wallcovering, and every type of flooring.
- 1300 easy-to-follow, step-by-step illustrations
- A special section on planning projects, including estimating lumber needs, following standard measurements, and dealing knowledgeably with a contractor.
- Tips on how to organize a safe workshop and work safely and efficiently with tools.
- A handy buyer's guide that lists mail-order suppliers of tools, hardware, and materials and includes tool manufacturer's customer service numbers.