Detailed and thoroughly illustrated, Reader's Digest Guide to Eye Care is one of the most complete, all-inclusive, and up-to-date texts on the market. Experts in Ophthalmology, Wizer and Stein walk readers through eye basics, various eye diseases, treatments, and age-related conditions. Covering everything from mechanics and basic structure to the latest advancements in medical research, this book is both accessible and comprehensive.
- How to obtain eye comfort-relieve dry eye, headaches, eye pain, and excessive tearing
- The vitamins and antioxidants that play a huge role in the health and anti- degeneration of the eye. Maximize their benefits with this encyclopedia of supplements, their contents in various foods and suggestions for food preparation for retention
- About state-of-the-art surgical correction methods like Lasik
- What age-related conditions you should look out for, with clear explanations and symptoms
- How some eye issues can be indicative of other health problems, so that you can stay on top of all issues
As an added bonus, each chapter contains fun trivia boxes that "Test Your Eye Q" with interesting or lesser known facts about the eye. Also included are "Optical illusion" boxes that clarify some common misconceptions about eyes and eye care.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.90(d)|
|Age Range:||17 Years|
About the Author
Joshua D. Stein, M.D., M.S., is a Staff Ophthalmologist at the Veteran's Administration Hospital in Ann Arbor, MI, and an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at the Kellogg Eye Center at the University of Michigan. He has been widely published in many medical journals and a guest lecturer for the past eleven years.