The fun and excitement of English and Language Arts learning continues in Grade 2 of Reading Street. This comprehensive and dynamic curriculum for homeschooling is geared toward young children who have some foundational English and Language Arts knowledge and are ready to strengthen their skills. Comprised of engaging activities, challenging content and weekly quizzes, Reading Street: Grade 2 is the next step in your child's path toward becoming a lifelong learner and reader.
As with all Reading Street products, the Grade 2 system is formatted to help students meet certain age-appropriate goals. After completing this English and Language Arts homeschool program, your child should be able to:
- Read and comprehend two-syllable words.
- Identify common prefixes (such as pre-, un-, or re-) and suffixes (such as -able, -ad and -er).
- Correct mistakes made when reading out loud.
- Read books with two or more chapters.
- Understand the structure of stores (i.e. beginning, middle and end).
- Start selecting reading materials based on his/her own interests.
- Identify the 'who,' 'what,' 'when,' 'where,' 'why' and 'how' of the text.
While the goals of second Grade English and Language Arts are numerous, Reading Street will help you craft engrossing lessons. Your child will garner important English and Language Arts skills while completing a workbook, reading stories and poems, and taking assessments. Planning these lessons will be easier than ever, as all Reading Street systems are broken down into weekly Big Ideas. All the work your child does on a given week is formulated around that single concept for an organized and challenging curriculum.
With six easy-to-follow units, Reading Street: Grade 2 is the perfect tool for homeschooling parents. Your child will enjoy the reading selections and activities, and you'll love to see your student growing into a knowledgeable individual. We're confident that this product is the right one for you.
For more information on the specific materials found in Grade 2 of Reading Street, check out the Features and Benefits page.