Reading, Understanding, and Applying Nursing Research, Revised Reprint / Edition 4 available in Paperback
What is the evidence?
How do you find it?
How do you evaluate it?
Put the evidence to work in your practice!
Integrate today’s best scientific knowledge into your clinical decision-making. Learn to effectively evaluate and apply nursing research and to understand its potential impact on the quality of your patient care.
Look for the Plus Code inside new, printed texts—your key to unlocking the student resources online at DavisPlus, including your Davis Digital Version and an enhanced Student Workbook.
Awarded third place in the 2015 AJN Book of the Year Award in the Nursing Research category
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
I. Nature of Research and the Research Process
1. Introduction to Nursing Research
2. Understanding the Research Process and Ethical Issues in Nursing Research
3. Understanding Evidence-Based Practice
II. Planning a Research Study
4. Selecting and Defining a Problem
5. Applying Appropriate Theories and Conceptual Models
6. Formulating Hypotheses and Research Questions
7. Selecting the Sample and Setting
8. Principles of Measurement
9. Data Collection Methods
10. Analyzing Data
11. Selecting a Quantitative Research Design
12. Selecting a Qualitative Research Design
III. Utilization of Nursing Research
13. Interpreting and Reporting Research Findings
14. Critiquing Research Reports