This Reader presents the best published writings of prominent sociologists and political theorists currently working in the field.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.09(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
Table of Contents
Part I: Power and Politics:.
1. The Subject and Power: Michel Foucault.
2. A Sociological Theory of Postmodernity: Zygmunt Bauman.
3. Inequality After Class: Malcolm Waters.
Part II: Globalization:.
4. From Fordism to Flexible Accumulation: David Harvey.
5. The Social Revolutions of our Time: Anthony Giddens.
6. Disjuncture and Difference in the Global Cultural Economy: Arjun Appadurai.
7. The Question of Cultural Identity: Stuart Hall.
Part III: Social Movements and the Politicization of the Social:.
8. "New Social Movements" of the Early Nineteenth Century: Craig Calhoun.
9. The Concept of Social Movement: Mario Diani.
10. Transnational Contention: Sidney Tarrow.
Part IV: Citizenship, Exclusion, and Difference:.
11. Rethinking Citizenship and Social Movements: Themes in Contemporary Sociology and Neoconservative Ideology: Maurice Roche.
12. The Patriarchal Welfare State: Carole Pateman.
13. Toward a Postnational Model of Membership [in Europe]: Yasemin Nuhoglu Soysal.
Part V: Democracy:.
14. The Public Sphere: Jürgen Habermas.
15. Hegemony and New Political Subjects: Toward a New Concept of Democracy: Chantal Mouffe.
16. Democracy, the Nation-State and the Global System: David Held.
Identity and Difference in Global Politics: William E. Connolly.