Real world development is more than just a case of hiring a bunch of people and telling them what needs to be done.
Many projects have failed with low budgets as well as high. Many more have been delivered only to become immediately obsolete or unmaintainable. Even those that deliver something useful can often be far behind schedule.
Every day over-complicated solutions to ill-defined problems are deployed with brittle processes that never seem to improve.
Many buzz words are thrown around - each claiming to be the new solution to all ailments. Agile, DevOps, Microsevices, TDD, BDD, Data Driven Design. All of these can help, but if used without understanding, thrown together with the wrong people and wrong management style, disasters can still happen.
In Real World Development, we discuss from a top-down perspective, what can go wrong when delivering complex projects, and how to improve your organisation's chances of success through careful planning and coordination across all levels. The advice you'll find is this book is based on eighteen years of working on real projects for commercial companies that are household names, not classroom theory or idealistic hopes that haven't been tested.
You'll learn how to start by looking at what you are delivering and why, and then focus on the many detailed areas that can and will affect your ability to deliver solutions in a timely and cost effective manner.
You'll learn how to:
- Identify problems at every level of your organisation and fix them
- Find the right talent that can make your team successful
- Build the perfect team
- Make sure you have the right methodology, and that everyone is on the same page
- Establish clear processes that everyone can understand
- Establish clear communication across your team
- Deal effectively with consultancies and work packages
- Deal effectively with offshore teams
- Spot problems early and fix them before they can get out of hand
- Fix teams that have problems
- Quantify success
You'll learn the importance of:
- Ensuring code quality
- Setting up a rigorous and effective test strategy
- Applying continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Using the power of DevOps and the Cloud to propel your team into a modern and effective way of working
- Eradicating politics
- Finding new and better ways of working
Download Real World Development and ensure your projects are successful today!
|File size:||409 KB|
About the Author
Peter James West is a British author who was born and raised in the seaside town of Scarborough, England. After obtaining a first class degree in artificial intelligence, he was married in India and now lives with his wife in London, where the trains break down with the regularity of an atomic clock.
My books are a mixture of military science fiction, action, and fantasy. Tales of Cinnamon City is a science fiction series set in the richly detailed world of Megarothia.
If you’re looking for a good place to start, you can take a look at the first book in my Tales of Cinnamon City series here:
The series is available now from all good retailers.
Tales of Cinnamon City is a science fiction series based on the alien world of Megarothia.
Information Cloud, (Tales of Cinnamon City #1)
Cinnamon City, (Tales of Cinnamon City #2)
Ascension (Tales of Cinnamon City #3)
Lord Hades (Tales of Cinnamon City #4)
The Augmented (Tales of Cinnamon City #5)
Jacob's War (Tales of Cinnamon City #6)
For the latest updates, and to see what Peter is working on now, visit: