Recent Developments with HIPAA provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on the latest Health Information Portability and Accountability Act regulations. Featuring partners and shareholders from some of the nation's leading law firms, this book guides the reader through the intricacies of the new and proposed HIPAA and HITECH revisions, including the challenging aspects of the rules, how health care clients will be affected, and why the Department of Health and Human Services made the changes. From assembling a compliance team and reviewing security and privacy policies to training workforces and conducting internal audits, the authors divulge how to update compliance strategies both inexpensively and efficiently. These top lawyers evaluate today's enforcement environment, examining HIPAA-related investigations and the implications of increased penalties. Additionally, these leaders discuss necessary clarifications to the laws, how to communicate the changes to clients, and the role that health care lawyers play in the compliance process. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this ever-changing field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives and lawyers (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies and firms nationwide. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is heading and the most important issues for the future. Each author has been selected based upon their experience and C-level standing within the professional community.
1. Briar A. Andresen, Shareholder, Fredrikson & Byron PA - "The Changing World of HIPAA: Adapting Strategies and Preparing Clients"
2. Heather Delgado, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg LLP - "Understanding HIPAA: A Continuing Transformation"
3. Neville M. Bilimoria, Partner, Duane Morris LLP - "HIPAA Compliance and New HITECH Act Revisions: Understanding the Regulatory Requirements in the Age of Electronic Health Records"
4. R. Michael Scarano Jr., Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP - "The Three New HIPAA/HITECH Rules: What Covered Entities and Business Associates Need to Know"
5. Sarah E. Coyne, Partner, Quarles & Brady LLP - "Strategies for Complying with Evolving HIPAA and HITECH Regulations"
6. Cheryl S. Camin, Shareholder, Winstead PC - "Updating HIPAA Compliance Measures: Advice for Lawyers and Their Clients"
7. Robert H. Schwartz, Shareholder, Butzel Long PC - "Adapting to the Latest HIPAA Strategies"
8. Anna L. Spencer, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP - "Responding to Challenging Aspects of HITECH's Modifications to HIPAA"
Appendix A: Sample Notification Letter to Individuals
Appendix B: Sample Media Notification Statement/Release
Appendix C: Notice of Privacy Practices - Post HITECH Act
Appendix D: Business Associate Agreement - Post HITECH Act
Appendix E: Security Breach Notifications
Appendix F: Sebelius Letter
Appendix G: Generic Authorization Form
Appendix H: Updated Business Associate Agreement
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.70(d)|