|Product dimensions:||6.05(w) x 9.01(h) x 0.72(d)|
About the Author
Uma Narayan is Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Mary Lyndon Shanley is Professor of Political Science, both at Vassar College.
Table of ContentsList of Contributors.
Introduction by Narayan and Shanley.
1. Alchemy or Fool's Gold? Assessing Feminist Doubts aboutRights: E. Kiss.
2. Decoding 'Dependency': Inscriptions of Power in a Keyword ofthe US Welfare State: N. Fraser and L. Gordon.
3. Towards a Feminist Vision of Citizenship: Rethinking theImplications of Dignity, Political Participation, and Nationality:U. Narayan.
4. The Jurispolitics of Privacy: A. L. Allen.
5. Revisioning the Family: Relational Rights andResponsibilities: M. Minow and M. L. Shanley.
6. Political Children: Reflections on Hannah Arendt'sDistinction between Public and Private Life: J. BethkeElshtain.
7. The Heady Political Life of Compassion: E. V. Spelman.
8. Feminism and Power: A. Yeatman.
9. Rethinking Anarchism/Rethinking Power: A ContemporaryFeminist Perspective: M. Ackelsberg.
10. Intersectionality and Identity Politics: Learning fromViolence against Women of Color: K. Crenshaw.
11. The Theory and Practice of Freedom: The Case of BatteredWomen: N. Hirschmann.