Recording Historic Structures / Edition 2 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsForeword.
Foreword to the 1989 Edition.
Preface to the 1989 Edition.
PART 1: RECORDING METHODS.
1. Overview (John A. Burns).
2. History (Alison K. Hoagland & Gray Fitzsimons).
3. Photography (William L. Lebovich).
4. Measured Drawings (John A. Burns).
PART 2: CASE STUDIES.
5. Recording Vernacular Building Forms (Catherine L.Lavoie).
6. Documenting Historic Bridges (Eric N. DeLony).
7. Recording Structural And Mechanical Systems (John A.Burns).
8. Recording Historic Ships (Richard K. Anderson).
9. Recording Monuments (Mark Schara).
10. Recording an Industrial Process (Richard K. Anderson).
11. Recording Historic Landscape.
List of Illustrations.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Lovely...! beautiful.....!.... Just enjoy it.....!
the information in the book is satisfactory. however, the binding is of the poorest quality. i purchased it new and as i turned each page for the first time, it fell out. i have read almost half of the book, which means that half of the pages are now detached from the book. don't buy it unless you need it for a class, like i did... i can't return it right now, because i need it for my class & it may take several weeks for the new copy to arrive.
It is well written and provides an overview and instructions on standards in heritage documentation in the USA, it lacks a bit update on new technologies