Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
- Get it by Wednesday, January 24 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Owen Chadwick stands out as the trustsed authority on Reformation history. Not only is his scholorly knowledge outlined with enough precision to impress any aspiring historian, but Chadwick also manages to convey the facts with a level of underlying passion.
About the Author
Reverend Owen Chadwick (1916-2015) was one of the foremost historians of church history. Reverend Chadwick's many notable publications include The Victorian Church, Victorian Miniature, and The Secularisation of the European Mind in the 19th Century. He was a Regius Professor of Modern History at Cambridge University, where he was also Vice-Chancellor. He was an ordained Anglican priest and academic whose writing on Christianity was known for being both scholarly and entertaining.
Table of Contents
Part One: The Protest
1. The Cry for Reformation
4. The Reformation in England to 1559
5. The Growth of Reformed Protestantism
6. The Radicals of the Reformation
7. The Assault upon Calvinism
Part Two: The Counter-Reformation
8. The Counter-Reformation
9. The Conquistadors
10. The Eastern Orthodox Church
Part Three: The Reformation and the Life of the Church
11. Divided Christendom
12. The Decline of Ecclesiastical Power
13. Ministry and Worship
Suggestions for Further Reading